Power over Ethernet(POE)
POE switches designed to lower power consumption and cost, while increasing network flexibility and scalability.
In today’s fast-paced, ever changing markets, keeping up with new technologies while remaining profitable can be a challenge. Outsourcing the management of your telecom infrastructure has considerable advantages. But to remain competitive, you need an infrastructure that will be reliable and a provider that you can count on for knowledge, service and support. BCN offers a range of managed premise equipment solutions. And only with BCN will you have instant access to the very latest technologies, highly reliable infrastructure and proven service that is second to none.
BCN’s Power over Ethernet (POE) network solutions offer greater flexibility, lower cost from lower power consumption and enhanced scalability. POE is a technology that enables network cables to also carry power. Traditional premise equipment and other digital devices have both a network connection to communicate and a power connection to deliver electrical power to the equipment. If your equipment is POE enabled, only the network connection is required, as it will also deliver power. With BCN’s POE Ethernet Switch solution you’ll benefit from next-generation energy-efficient Cisco switches , as well as our proven world class service and support organization.
This premise equipment solution is available on a term-based service plan that includes full monitoring and management.
Benefits of BCN Power over Ethernet Switches
- Ideal access layer for enterprise, retail, and branch environments
- Increased productivity and protects your network investment by providing a unified network for data, voice, and video
- Switches support Cisco EnergyWise technology, allowing you to manage network power consumption
- Reduced energy costs and a smaller carbon footprint
- Time and cost savings that come from not having to install power cabling. Network cables also do not require a qualified electrician to install them and can be located anywhere
- Increased scalability – without being tethered to an electrical outlet, premise equipment and other devices can be located wherever they are needed, and are easily moved / reconfigured
- POE power comes from a central source that is easily backed-up via UPS. POE delivery is intelligent and designed to protect the network from overload